Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sense of direction.

So...I know that I do not always have the best sense of direction. I am admitting this wholeheartedly. Okay...so I am TERRIBLE! However, I did not expect that -by the age of four- my son would surpass me in this area! Maybe boys just automatically inherit a great sense of direction.

On Saturday, we all went to the parade. Jason dropped me off before parking, because I was passing out Preschool Fliers. I ran out of fliers quickly (500 was not enough), which was bittersweet-because I really want to fill up the three preschool openings-but I also got to hang out with the boys at the end of the parade.

Jason walked my nephew back to where his family was sitting, and I didn't know where he had parked.
So... my four year old exclaimed "MOM! I KNOW WHERE THE VAN IS!!!" Enthusiastically Logan sprinted toward the "VAN". We kept walking, and walking and in my head I was thinking "I am following a four-year-old's directions!" Eventually I told Logan that there was no way we were parked that far, and I started to head back the way we came. He, of course, threw a little fit--determined that he was "going the right way!" We walked and walked and finally I called Jason on his cell, only to find out we were going the wrong way again. So we turned around (again) went the other direction, and low and behold the van was exactly at the spot Logan had been taking me.
I quickly apologized to Logan and he honestly just glared at me!!! As if to say "TOLD YOU SO!!!"

1 comment:

Amy Simms said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is hilarious! What a little cutie.