Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gobble, Gobble Wibble Wobble do a Noodle dance!

Have you ever read that book? It is Hilarious. My boys giggle and giggle, the rhymes are so funny. It is called 10 fat turkeys.

Our Thanksgiving was a little lame this year, because the night before Turkey day, I took Drew to the doctor and he had Bronchitis. He was contagious for 24 hours so we had to stay home. I didn't think I would be able to find (or thaw) a Turkey at 9pm the night before, so we had: Prime Rib, funeral potatoes, jello, homemade rolls, and pie. Not your traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and I was a little ashamed that I didn't tap into the Martha Stewart in me, but I had an ear infection and felt like crap!

If I would have been feeling well (and had more than 10 hours notice we would be eating on our own) I would have made: aunt Glenda's ribbon jell-o, & her mashed potatoes, Grandma's Doris' yams, mom's crock-pot stuffing, Grandma Fae's corn, & her grapefruit cocktail, Susan's (Jason's mom) Frog-eye salad, my pies, and a Turkey. Oh well. At lease the table looked pretty and the two little Indians had fun!

No comments: