We signed Logan up for soccer for the very first time. He was thrilled! He got to play with his little friend, which made it even better. He did a great job. Here are five things I learned in our first year of soccer.
1. If your child sits for a long time on the field, his head will eventually get smacked with the ball.
2. Five year old boys think that "outhouse" bathrooms are cool and will try to visit during the middle of each soccer game--gross.
3. Spring soccer should come with a disclaimer that the weather can cause damage to your health. "Sign up for Spring soccer! (in no way is the City responsible for frost bite or sever ear infections due to the high speed winds, rain, snow, or hail that can be treacherous in these soccer months. We have a cancel-No-game policy".
4. I was prepared to say "it doesn't matter that your team didn't win a game". I was not prepared to say "it doesn't matter that your team didn't make ONE goal this season."
5. Prepare to be embarrassed at one point during the season. Whether it is because the whole game has stopped so the coach can tie your child's shoes, or because your toddler runs right in the field-so you have to chase them, or because a loved one comes to watch and verbalizes their opinion about some of the team members! Overall, Logan had a great season, was an excellent goalie, and really learned how to be a good sport!